Product Knowledge and Care
Wood, veneer and other surfaces
- Always ensure that you do not drag any decorative objects or other items placed on the furniture. Each of such object should be lifted up and moved for the purpose of cleaning, redecorating, relocating etc.
- We recommend that you regularly dust the furniture with a soft, white, clean, dry and lint free cloth to maintain the quality and appearance of your furniture. A slightly damp clean cloth may also be used to wipe the furniture, as and when required.
- Be careful that the furniture does not come into contact with sharp objects and abrasive surfaces such jewelry and metallic accessories either during the process of daily dusting and cleaning or otherwise.
- The polish on your furniture is sensitive to liquids. Attempt to remove any spills on the furniture immediately when they occur. You can blot liquid spills with a clean, dry, lint free and white cloth but do not rub or use abrasive cleaners, as this may damage the furniture. Should the furniture become stained or suffer other damage, we recommend that you avail professional services.
- We recommend that you place all furniture away from direct sunlight in order to preserve its polish and color.
- Do not lean backward on chairs and rock the chairs on their back legs, as this weakens the wood joinery, causing warpage that will cause the furniture to fall apart in the long run.
- The brass accents/detailing on the furniture are coated with clear PU and can be cleaned using a soft clean cloth. Please do not use any external cleaning agent on brass.
- Please avoid exposing your Tianu furniture to:
- excessive heat or placing it near any heat emitting source (radiators, heaters and other such devices);
- hot and/or cold items (such as chilled drinks, food dishes, electrical equipment, burning candles, hot pads etc.) placed directly onto wooden or painted surfaces of your Tianu furniture;
- contact with chemicals and cosmetics, hair, makeup products, cleaning products, perfume, etc.;
- cigarette smoke and cooking fumes;
- sharp objects;
- direct sunlight; and
- the outdoors.
- We recommend periodic cleaning of all upholstery with a soft white cloth, a soft brush and/or light vacuuming. Fabrics other than silk can also be shampooed by seeking the help of a professional cleaning company. Silk and all other textiles can be dry cleaned by availing the service of a professional dry-cleaning company, as and when required.
- Any liquid spills may be blotted with a soft, white and lint free cloth. In case of staining in the fabric, do not use any abrasive and/or harsh cleaners that may harm the fabric.
- Avoid direct or indirect exposure to sunlight to avoid the color of the upholstery on your furniture from fading.
- Prevent contact of the upholstered furniture with any sharp objects.
- Cushions with filling of poly fiber should be routinely beaten back into shape.
- To prevent any distortion or damage to the upholstered furniture avoid jumping on it or sitting on the arms of the furniture.
We recommend that you seek professional assistance to restore furniture that becomes damaged due to chipping, scratching, staining, or natural wear and tear etc. Alternately, you may reach out to us and we will be happy to discuss refurbishing services at an additional and mutually agreed cost.